Are you interested in a career in sustainable aquaculture? Join our team of dedicated individuals with diverse skill-sets who work together to raise our sablefish.
POSITION: Farm Manager
DIVISION: Golden Eagle Sablefish
REPORTS TO: President
LOCATION: Kyuquot Sound, BC
HOURS: 8 days on, 6 days off – Camp Work
Aquilini Group (“AG”) is a diversified family business founded in Vancouver, BC more than 50 years ago with roots in the real estate development and construction industry. Today the company owns and manages an international real estate portfolio that includes commercial and residential properties, hotels, golf courses, vineyards and blueberry and cranberry farms. In addition to its ongoing pursuits in real estate development and construction, AG has expanded its holdings to include assets in the sports & entertainment, renewable energy, aquaculture, tourist attractions, restaurants and food & beverage industries.
Golden Eagle Sable Fish (“GESF”) is a division of the Aquilini Group dedicated to sustainable raised fish, ocean stewardship, and our First Nations’ partnerships. It is our commitment to production sustainability and product excellence that has made GESF a global leader.
Golden Eagle Sable Fish is recruiting for a Farm Manager for its marine farm sites in Kyuquot Sound. The successful incumbent will be managing and leading the sablefish farm operation in the pristine oceanic waters of Vancouver Island. GESF is the only fully integrated supplier of sablefish in the world and continues to develop sablefish as a sustainable cultured fish for the growing global demand. We have a dynamic team with unique aquaculture skill sets which has enabled us to supply fresh sablefish for the last 15 years to the global market.
· Is responsible for the marine farm operation of sablefish
· Ensure production plans are executed in accordance with operation procedures
· Hire, train, coach and manage team of employees
· Assist in developing leading edge technology for fish species development
· Develop cultures of new fish species
· Perform daily /weekly staff task scheduling
· Report daily record keeping and data entry
· Organize harvest scheduling with harvest crews
· Troubleshoot feed machine and feed cameras as issues arise
· Promote a safe work culture and compliance with WorkSafe BC
· Ensure quality standards and practices are followed on the farm sites
· Review and update farm SOP’s
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· 5+ years net pen grow out aquaculture experience
· Working knowledge of automated feed machines
· Knowledge of safe working practices on net pens
· Knowledge of daily data entry
· Team building and leadership skills
· Strong communication skills
· Proficiency in using MS office
· Travel from Campbell River to farm site is supplied
· Food is supplied
· Compensation starts at $30.00 per hour and above, will increase based on experience, with review in 90 days
· Full benefits package (health, dental, life insurance, ADD, LTD, RRSP)